Arroyo Hondo Preserve Reservations
Arroyo Hondo Preserve will be CLOSED on February 17-18th due to a forecast of rain and high water levels.
The Arroyo Hondo Preserve is located west of Santa Barbara between Refugio State Beach and Gaviota State Park. The preserve is tucked into a magnificent canyon with winding trails, creeks, shady trees, and rewarding views. All 782-acres of Arroyo Hondo are protected forever and managed by the Land Trust.
Visitors are welcome from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on the first and third full weekends of the month. Free online reservations are required in advance.
- Free guided hikes are held at 10:00am on open Saturdays. Sign up when you make your reservation—limited to 15 people.
- Select an open date on the calendar to make a reservation. You will receive a confirmation email with visit details.
- For groups of more than 10 people, please contact Preserve Manager John Warner at [email protected].
- Environmental Education field trips are offered to schools for free—contact Education Coordinator Sally Isaacson at [email protected].
- The preserve is sensitive—No pets, swimming, mountain bikes, hunting, fishing, or campfires at the nature preserve.
Learn more about the Arroyo Hondo Preserve here.